Michigan Driver License

  1. Please check the Secretary of State web site at: www.michigan.gov/sos
  2. and click on "Drivers' License & State ID" at the top left of the screen
  3. then click on "Your Michigan Driver's License"
  4. then click on "Your first license over 18" to get the information you will need.

The closest Secretary of State office to Calvin Seminary s located at Centerpointe Mall, 3665 28th Street SW (363-8778).

If you are an international student here on an F-1 or a J-1 visa you must first go to the Social Security Office at 50 College Street SE to obtain a letter from them stating that you are not eligible for a Social Security Number (SSN), unless you are working on campus and have already received a SSN. Please see the handout that was given to you during international student orientation.

The Dean of Students Office will also assist international students with the translation of their home country Driver's Licenses which is necessary in order to obtain a Michigan Driver’s License.