Practicing Discernment Exercise
God leads us into our life's callings in many ways – through reading the Word, spending time in silence and solitude, talking with those who know us well, looking back on the experiences of our life.
Consider the following exercise as one possible guide for your vocational discernment. As you click through the pages listed below, read the text, reflect on the questions, and share your findings with God and with others in prayer and conversation.
Table of Contents
- God leads you through the gladness of your spirit.
- A barrier to discerning your gladness: Guilt.
- God leads you through your awareness of the deep needs of the world.
- A barrier to discerning the needs of the world: the size of the need.
- God leads you through the gifts God has given you.
- A barrier to discerning your gifts: a deep sense of inadequacy.
- The Voids.
- Final Comments.
God leads you through the gladness of your spirit.